Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, January 2, 2016

#Teen Overcomes Anorexia After Near Death Experience

11:09 PM

00:03 CHRISTIE: I just didn’t care about life,the only thing you care about is exercising and your next meal and how less calories isit going to be in that meal like its just, It’s an obsession. 00:20 COMM: Many teenage girls are influenced by models on the runway and in magazines, but or Christie Swaddling, it developed into an obsession that almost claimed her life. 00:31 CHRISTIE: I always wanted to be one of Victorianism Secret models, and I would watch their shows, I would read their books.  I would read the magazines and what they would eat.  Their diet plans, I was just so obsessed within and it got to a point where like I was obsessed that I didn’t look like them. 00:49 CHRISTIE: I really wanted to look like Miranda Kerr.  Her waist.  Her tiny, tiny waist and her legs.  How she had the thigh gap.  I just had nothing that she had. 01:02 COMM: Christie started dieting when she was just 12 years old.  And by the time she was 16, was putting her health at serious risk. 01:11 CHRISTIE: I started over exercising, I was probably exercising for about three to four hours a day, probably two hours in the morning,two hours in the afternoon.  I lost so many friends, I was fighting with my boyfriend. My mum thought I was a different person. 01:28 CHRISTIE: The moment I realized I had gone too far was my seventeenth birthday, I collapsed that night and I went straight to hospital. I was so dangerously underweight and I was practically on my deathbed. 01:44 COMM: The hospitalization was a wake up call for Christie and with the support of her family, she embarked on a high-crab diet and gradually started to gain weight. 01:57 CHRISTIE: I was admitted to hospital because my vitals, they were dangerously low.  And the doctor actually told me that he’s surprised I was still living and he’s surprised I wasn’t admitted there earlier. 02:10 CHRISTIE: I lost most of my teenage life like through an eating disorder. 02:14 FIONA: It was really heartbreaking.  It was very hard.  I thought maybe I had done something wrong as a parent.  I didn’t know what to do.  I didn’t really know about anorexia.  Yeah it was very hard.  I had a lot of help from family and friends it was very hard to sit there and watch her kill herself slowly. 02:41 COMM: Now, eight months on, Christie has gained2 stone and is helping other people suffering from eating disorders online. 02:50 CHRISTIE: The first YouTube video I made miscalled Anorexia Nervous Almost Killed Me, I wish someone had helped me, there was that person there that I could talk to and there wasn’t I just feel like it would have Reena lot easier and for me to give someone – to tell them what to do to help them out.  I just feel like I’m taking so much weight off their shoulders.  I’m almost like saving someone’s life.  For me to be that person for someone to actually come to when they need me, it makes me feel great. 03:22 COMM: And she is now spewing out about the dangers of overly skinny models flaunting their stick thin physiques. 03:30 CHRISTIE: I reckon the model figure, the perfect figure, it’s sending horrible messages, and it’s nearly impossible as a teenager going through puberty and all that, it’s almost impossible to get to that low weight. you’d have to have an eating disorder to actually get to that weight. 03:50 CHRISTIE: Going through that mindset, tradesman me the person that I am today and I know what life I would rather and I know thistles one, it’s the happy life it’s the life that I’m living, it’s actually enjoying life, not hating it. 04:06 CHRISTIE: There is loads of stuff that I would love to be in the future and do in the future and I know that having an eating disorder and being that sick, I was not able to get to there, that was my turning point.  Thatcher I wanted to change.


Source : Barcroft TV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer